- Link your page to your group
- Change your group email from the number that Facebook assigns to the name of your group
- Create a website address for your group so that you can provide this information to others that you want to join without having to search through all of FB
How to email to a group:
- Ascertain the email address of the group. This can be done by looking at the web address in the address bar at the top of your screen.
- If no name is assigned, the address will look like this: www.facebook.com/groups/123456789657)/ . The email address would be email@example.com. Otherwise, if a name is assigned the address would be, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not worry that your group email will be spammed. The permissions that you set up when forming the group will take care of that. Not only that, if you are offline but can access your email on the phone, you can send a post via email to the group. Once you get in range of a wi-fi, it will automatically be sent and your group will be updated.
How to Setup Group email addresses on Facebook.
- Click on the Groups on your home page.
- Under Groups You Manage, click on the settings gear beside your group name.
- Select Edit Group settings
Follow the instructions on the diagram below and then save.